(Please scroll down to find out more about Mission Journeys & how to use Volunteer Matrix)
To volunteer at Midwest Mission you must register and reserve a spot using the mission journey calendar.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers is the facility limit. We want to give each missionary a great volunteer experience and make sure our high-quality standards are still being met.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact our Booking Specialist, Pat Wright at 217.697.4063 or email@example.com
About Your Journey
Midwest Mission has few staff, so the vast majority of our mission is carried out by volunteers. Midwest Mission needs & loves its volunteers. Anyone from the age of 11 and up are welcome to join our Mission!
There are many ways in which you can be a part of the Mission at Midwest Mission. You can serve:
- A day
- A week
- Or anything in between.
At Midwest Mission, we strive to accommodate a wide variety of ability levels, from sit down work to manual labor. While at Midwest Mission, volunteers will:
- Pack kits
- Sort items
- Help with mailings
- Build desks
- Repair bicycles & sewing machines
- Help load/unload supplies
- Or whatever the current requested needs are at the time
If you are interested in a TOUR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers. We want to give each person a great volunteer experience and make sure our high quality standards are still being met.
To get more information about being a Mission Volunteer or bringing a team for a Mission Journey view the below documents:
Options on campus
- Dormitory: The dorm can sleep 18 to 32 with full kitchen, laundry and bathroom/showers. 6 Rooms have two sets of bunk beds and 2 Rooms have one set of bunk beds and two twin size beds.
- Duplex: The duplex can sleep 2 to 4. (This is typical reserved for our Volunteer Leaders)
- RV: 13 RV sites with full hook up - Water / Electricity / Sewage Dump / 30 & 50 AMP / Opened Year Round
When staying onsite you will need to bring your own:
- Bedding Supplies from sheets, blankets and pillows
- Hygiene Supplies
- Laundry Detergent
- Food Supplies for meals
Options to stay off campus
(these are not recommendations- only suggestions)
- Baymont Inn: B5871 S 6th-Frontage Rd East in Springfield, IL 62703. This hotel is under new management & (as of 8/6/2018) the new rate negotiated for Midwest Mission volunteers is $59.99, depending on availability & some blackout dates may apply. Please call the Baymont at 217.529.6655 to reserve your rooms and tell them your with Midwest Mission to get the special rate. Note: Make sure to communicate that you are with Midwest Mission in order to get the lower rate. This rate includes breakfast, microwave & refrigerator, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness room, WIFI, and coin-operated laundry facilities. During COVID-19 some of these services may not be available so please call hotel ahead of time.
- La Quinta Inn: 1121 Lejune Drive in Springfield, IL. This is a new hotel about 7 miles north of Midwest Mission, off of I-55 in Springfield. The current lowest published rate is $89.00
- Days Inn: 5970 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $67.49 per night.
- Motel 6: 6011 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $60.00 per night.