(Please scroll down to find out more about Mission Journeys & how to use Volunteer Matrix)
To volunteer at Midwest Mission you must register and reserve a spot using the mission journey calendar.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers is the facility limit. We want to give each volunteer a great volunteer experience and make sure our high-quality standards are still being met.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact our Reservation Coordinator, Pat Wright at 217.697.4063 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Midwest Mission has few staff, so the vast majority of our mission is carried out by volunteers. Midwest Mission needs & loves its volunteers. Anyone from the age of 11 and up are welcome to join our Mission!
There are many ways in which you can be a part of the Mission at Midwest Mission. You can serve:
- A day
- A week
- Or anything in between.
At Midwest Mission, we strive to accommodate a wide variety of ability levels, from sit down work to manual labor. While at Midwest Mission, volunteers will:
- Pack kits
- Sort items
- Help with mailings
- Build desks
- Repair bicycles & sewing machines
- Help load/unload supplies
- Or whatever the current requested needs are at the time
If you are interested in a TOUR, email: email@example.com.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers. We want to give each person a great volunteer experience and make sure our high quality standards are still being met.
To get more information about being a Mission Volunteer or bringing a team for a Mission Journey view the below documents:
Options on campus
- Dormitory: The dorm can sleep 18 to 32 with full kitchen, laundry and bathroom/showers. 6 Rooms have two sets of bunk beds and 2 Rooms have one set of bunk beds and two twin size beds. Rooms are $40 a night, $50 a night in 2023.
- Duplex: The duplex can sleep 2 to 4. (This is typical reserved for our Volunteer Leaders) $40 a night, $50 a night in 2023.
- STUDIO: The studio can sleep 2 people. It is fully furnished $40 a night, $50 in 2023.
- RV: 13 RV sites with full hook up - Water / Electricity / Sewage Dump / 30 & 50 AMP / Opened Year Round. $20 a night, $30 a night in 2023.
When staying onsite you will need to bring your own:
- Bedding Supplies from sheets, blankets and pillows
- Hygiene Supplies
- Laundry Detergent
- Food Supplies for meals
Options to stay off campus
(these are not recommendations- only suggestions)
- La Quinta Inn: 1121 Lejune Drive in Springfield, IL. This is a new hotel about 7 miles north of Midwest Mission, off of I-55 in Springfield. The current lowest published rate is $89.00. Midwest Mission discount of $74.00 plus taxes for a double queen (with taxes it is $84.36 per room per night). Guest must call the Springfield location at 217-697-5686 and ask for (manager) Dixie. If she is not there the discount is written on the cash box for the front desk employee to find under Midwest Mission.
- Days Inn: 5970 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $67.49 per night.
- Motel 6: 6011 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $60.00 per night.
- Baymont Inn: B5871 S. 6th-Frontage Rd East in Springfield, IL 62703. The current lowest published rate is $69.49
Once you have made a reservation online, the "Team Leader" will receive an email with the Mission Booklet and Mission Journey Brochure that provides information to share with their group along with the teams Mission Journey Statement Form that will address the below fee's.
- Full Day Material Fee: $12 per person per day
- Part Day Material Fee: $6 per person per morning (8:30 AM to 11:30 AM) or afternoon (12:30 AM to 4 PM) shift
*This material fee is to help pay for the facility and/or any materials that are used while here.*
It is due the day you schedule by midnight that day.
- Dormitory Lodging: $40* per room, per night
- Duplex Lodging: $40* per duplex per night
- RV Lodging: $20* per RV per night
- Tent Camping: $10 per tent per night
- * NOTE: A price increase of $10 per lodging type will go into affect January 1, 2023 for new reservations.
Non - Refundable Reservation Fees: This is to guarantee your reservation for those staying on site. This payment is due at midnight the day you schedule your reservation. Again this is non - refundable and does not apply to any other Mission Journey fees.
- $40* per room for Dormitory Lodging
- $40* per Duplex
- $20* per RV Spot
- $10 per Tent Spot
- * NOTE: A price increase of $10 per reservation fee will go into affect January 1, 2023 for new reservations.
Tips & Tricks for
Click Below on the subject you are needing assistance with.
- How To Log In and Complete or Update Your Profile
- Adding Group Members
- If Your Team Member Does Not Have An Email
- Making Reservations
Online Calendar & Reservation System
To see our current Mission Journey Openings or to Schedule a Mission Journey click below to access our new online Calendar and Reservation system.