(Please scroll down to find out more about Mission Journeys & how to use Volunteer Matrix)
To volunteer at Midwest Mission you must register and reserve a spot using the mission journey calendar.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers is the facility limit. We want to give each volunteer a great volunteer experience and make sure our high-quality standards are still being met.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact our Reservation Coordinator, Pat Wright at 217.697.4063 or email@example.com
Midwest Mission has few staff, so the vast majority of our mission is carried out by volunteers. Midwest Mission needs & loves its volunteers. Anyone from the age of 11 and up are welcome to join our Mission!
There are many ways in which you can be a part of the Mission at Midwest Mission. You can serve:
- A day
- A week
- Or anything in between.
At Midwest Mission, we strive to accommodate a wide variety of ability levels, from sit down work to manual labor. While at Midwest Mission, volunteers will:
- Pack kits
- Sort items
- Help with mailings
- Build desks
- Repair bicycles & sewing machines
- Help load/unload supplies
- Or whatever the current requested needs are at the time
If you are interested in a TOUR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A daily limit of 26 mission volunteers. We want to give each person a great volunteer experience and make sure our high quality standards are still being met.
To get more information about being a Mission Volunteer or bringing a team for a Mission Journey view the below documents:
Options on campus
- Dormitory: The dorm can sleep 18 to 32 with full kitchen, laundry and bathroom/showers. 6 Rooms have two sets of bunk beds and 2 Rooms have one set of bunk beds and two twin size beds.
- Duplex: The duplex can sleep 2 to 4. (This is typical reserved for our Volunteer Leaders)
- RV: 13 RV sites with full hook up - Water / Electricity / Sewage Dump / 30 & 50 AMP / Opened Year Round
When staying onsite you will need to bring your own:
- Bedding Supplies from sheets, blankets and pillows
- Hygiene Supplies
- Laundry Detergent
- Food Supplies for meals
Options to stay off campus
(these are not recommendations- only suggestions)
- La Quinta Inn: 1121 Lejune Drive in Springfield, IL. This is a new hotel about 7 miles north of Midwest Mission, off of I-55 in Springfield. The current lowest published rate is $89.00. Midwest Mission discount of $74.00 plus taxes for a double queen (with taxes it is $84.36 per room per night). Guest must call the Springfield location at 217-697-5686 and ask for (manager) Dixie. If she is not there the discount is written on the cash box for the front desk employee to find under Midwest Mission.
- Days Inn: 5970 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $67.49 per night.
- Motel 6: 6011 S Sixth Street in Springfield, IL. This is an older hotel, lowest published rate is $60.00 per night.
- Baymont Inn: B5871 S. 6th-Frontage Rd East in Springfield, IL 62703. The current lowest published rate is $69.49